Friday, May 22, 2009

Starting...

Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.

That was the advice of William James, in the 19th century. It's good advice really, and it concerns very important matter - our well-being. That's the issue around which I'm beginning a new blog about. As it happens, there is now a wealth of research on well-being from the very new and exciting new field of Positive Psychology. This research has shown that it is very possible to increase our sense of well-being, become happier and more resilient, and learn to thrive amid the ups and downs of life.

The research has also started to show how we can learn to thrive. I'm a great deal happier from developing some skills that I've learned through studying Positive Psychology. Unfortunately, very few people have heard about these skills. That's why I'm writing this blog. My goal is to distill down this information into some concise and helpful posts. I hope it will be of help to you, and I hope it will also help me to understand it better also.

I've got a whole stack of stuff that I want to share with you. As I get time, I'll share as much as I can. So stay tuned, I think it'll be good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment, woo! Looking forward to reading what you post, Reubs.

Notions Incognito said...

Wow, you did well to find this blog! I've not advertised it to anyone yet. How did you find it?

Anonymous said...

I was reading through my old blog posts and comments, saw a comment from you and realised I hadn't checked your old blog for many months - I clicked your username and saw this blog on your profile.

Nathan said...

Dang! Second comment!